Juma TRX-2 Firmware v6.00a

Software developed by Adrian

Juma TRX-2 Firmware v6.00a

Postby 5B4AIY » 15 May 2020 10:38

THIS VERSION OF THE FIRMWARE WILL CAUSE A CHECKSUM ERROR ON INITIAL START-UP AFTER LOADING. THIS IS BECAUSE THE EEPROM MAPPING HAS CHANGED. MAKE SURE YOU RECORD YOUR CALIBRATION AND CONFIGURATION DATA PRIOR TO LOADING. There are pages at the back of the User Manual set aside for this.

This version of the firmware adds the feature that allows adjustment of the Low-Voltage Pre-Limit warning setting. In previous versions this limit was set at 100mV above the final limit value, but there are times when this is somewhat too sensitive. This version now makes this alarm threshold user adjustable between +100mV and 800mV above the Low Voltage trip value. Note that if you change the Low Voltage final limit trip, then the Pre-Limit trip point will automatically follow. For example, if your original Final Limit was 11.00V, and the Pre-limit was set at 11.20V, then if you subsequently changed the Final Limit to 10.50V, the Pre-Limit will then be 10.70V, +200mV as it was with the original value. You can of course alter it as you wish.

Because this version uses an additional word of EEPROM in which to store the adjustable Pre-Limit value, this will cause a Checksum Error on first power-up after loading. This will only occur the first time. To avoid having to re-calibrate the transceiver, make a note of your calibration and configuration settings before loading this new version. There are pages at the back of the User Manual for this data. It can also be dumped using the Serial Test mode.

Even though the kits have been discontinued, I will continue to provide both technical and software support for the foreseeable future.

73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
Attachments
Juma TRX2 Operation Manual v6.00a Build 1 (Text Only).pdf
Updated and revised User Manual
(264.91 KiB) Downloaded 1020 times
Juma TRX2 v6.00a Build 1.zip
Source files, HEX load file.
(354.91 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
5B4AIY

Re: Juma TRX-2 Firmware v6.00a

Postby NQ3RP » 15 Nov 2020 20:00

Adrian,

Thank you for your continued support of the TRX2. I'm still working on my TRX2 and hope to finish it this winter, we'll see.

John
former NQ3RP
now NA3NA
NQ3RP

Re: Juma TRX-2 Firmware v6.00a

Postby W1LSB » 05 Jan 2023 18:12

My TRX2A was never updated beyond v1.10p, mainly because I was convinced that it had a hardware issue. When turned it on, random noises and buzzes would be heard from the speaker, the LED brightness was not consistent, and the audio level is down from what it originally was. I just put my head back into it and I'm now convinced that the firmware load is corrupted. If I place the radio in service mode, step through everything, then save it, the radio will work fine for one or two starts, then it goes right back to random noises, etc.

Question: Can v6.00a be installed on top of v1.10p with the same CHECKSUM caveats you mentioned below, or would it be more prudent to load an earlier version first?

Thank you so much for all of your support. It's really such a fun radio.

73 & Happy New Year,
George - W1LSB
George - W1LSB
W1LSB

Return to Juma Firmware by 5B4AIY