Juma PA-100D v2.00b Build 4

Software developed by Adrian

Juma PA-100D v2.00b Build 4

Postby 5B4AIY » 12 Jan 2016 08:10

Whilst performing a code examination I noticed that when calculating the SWR there was a very remote possibility of provoking a Math Trap Error. If the reflection coefficient was ever exactly 1 then an infinite VSWR would be registered provoking the error.

In the last 4 years I have never had either a report of this, or experienced it myself, despite exhaustive testing, but nevertheless as it is a trivial matter to prevent it, this version of the firmware incorporates an additional line of code for this purpose.

As there are no EEPROM changes, this version can be safely loaded over a previous version 2. As usual, it is a wise precaution to make a note of your calibration and configuration values prior to performing this update. If you are updating from an earlier version of my firmware, please note that as version 2 incorporates an entirely new checksum algorithm this will provoke a Checksum Error on initial start-up. Make a note of your calibration and configuration values, and re-enter after updating. If you are updating from an original version of the firmware, then as the measurement system is completely different, in addition to the checksum error on initial star-up, you will also have to re-calibrate. Fortunately the bias settings are hardware determined, so only the software calibration values will need adjusting.
73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
Attachments
PA-100D v2.00b Build 4 (C-Source+HEX Load File+User Manual).zip
Minor update to the SWR calculation function.
(212.84 KiB) Downloaded 860 times
5B4AIY

Return to Juma Firmware by 5B4AIY