Updating The TRX-2 & PA-100D Firmware

Software developed by Adrian

Updating The TRX-2 & PA-100D Firmware

Postby 5B4AIY » 11 Aug 2015 06:42

There still seems to be a certain amount of confusion associated with the firmware update procedure for both the Juma TRX-2 transceiver and its PA-100D companion linear amplifier, as a recent post on the forum suggests.

Attached to this post is a document I wrote describing how this should be done in Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I have also tested the Ingenia loader using the 64-bit version of Windows 10, and it worked with this as well. Windows 10 was installed on a computer that was previously running the 64-bit version of Windows 7, and the Ingenia loader had been used successfully with this version when the permissions were set as described in the attached document.

By right-clicking on the shortcut icon it is also possible to alter the permissions and compatibility options in Windows 10 as well, although my initial test was without either the Windows XP SP2 compatibility setting or the Administrator option, and it worked and loaded the HEX file into my transceiver without a problem, so it would seem that Win-10 might well be a more 'forgiving' O/S than Win-Vista or Win-7.

73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
Attachments
FIRMWARE UPDATING FOR THE JUMA TRX2 & PA100D.pdf
Update procedure for the TRX-2 and PA-100D firmware.
(172.67 KiB) Downloaded 892 times
5B4AIY

Return to Juma Firmware by 5B4AIY