Juma TRX-2 Firmware Version 7.00a Build 3

General discussion

Juma TRX-2 Firmware Version 7.00a Build 3

Postby 5B4AIY » 03 Sep 2023 13:49

There is now a new version of the Juma firmware, version 7.00a Build 3. This version add a TX Delay feature that may help when using the transceiver to drive a linear amplifier such as a SPE Expert.
04/09/23
Please note the slightly revised firmware. I accidentally uploaded a slightly different version yesterday. The correct version has been substituted. The only difference is that the previous version allowed setting the TX Delay from 1mSec to 50mSec in 1mSec increments, this version sets the delay from 5mSec to 50mSec in 1mSec increments. It can be safely loaded over the previous version, then go to the TX Delay page and correct the setting and save it. My apologies for this mistake on my part.

73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
5B4AIY

Re: Juma TRX-2 Firmware Version 7.00a Build 3

Postby ok1rp » 07 Nov 2023 11:00

Dear Adrian,

thank a lot for your excellent support and great work.

Is it needed some new cal (ref. to your warning about error) pls?

73 - Petr, OK1RP
ok1rp

Re: Juma TRX-2 Firmware Version 7.00a Build 3

Postby 5B4AIY » 16 Nov 2023 14:40

In my software, if there is a major revision number change then typically this will indicate that the EEPROM mapping has changed, usually because I have added something to the map, and thus this will provoke a CRC checksum error on initial power up after the update. Normally I would include a warning to this effect. I recommend that you always save your calibration and configuration data prior to any firmware update, and I provide pages in the User Manual for this data for this purpose. You can also save your calibration and configuration data by using the Serial Test facility incorporated in the firmware, and connecting your transceiver or linear amplifier to a computer running a terminal program. Most terminal programs have a screen capture facility so that you could then save your data to a text file.

So, in summary, loading a firmware version with the same major revision i.e, 6.0 to 6.1, to 6.2 etc then there should not be a checksum error. Updating, for example from 5.0 to 6.0 then in this case there will be a CRC error because the EEPROM map has changed, and so you would need to re-enter your calibration and configuration data after the update.

Adrian, 5B4AIY
5B4AIY

Return to Juma Discussion