TRX1 Potentiometer

General discussion

TRX1 Potentiometer

Postby WJ5G » 28 Oct 2017 15:42

I have a TRX1 that has a problem with the potentiometer. It began with it not changing frequencies once in a while. I would release it and start over and it would work. Now it has gotten to the point where I have to physically pull the knob to the side in order to get a reaction on the screen.
Has anyone had this problem? The reason I ask is that I have only built a few projects and want to assure myself it is a hardware problem, although I can't see it being anything else since it has worked great for a long time.

The second question is does anyone have recommendations on where I might get a new pot that will replace the original without much difficulty?

Thanks for reading my post,

WJ5G
Callen

BTW> I love the TRX1. If I ever buy another radio I am sure it will be the newest version Juma Radio that is out at the time. Are there any ham builders in Central USA that does building for other hams? My hands have lost most of the feeling and I am unsure that I will be able to change the pot out, although I am going to try once I find a replacement.
WJ5G

Re: TRX1 Potentiometer

Postby OH2NLT » 31 Oct 2017 23:12

Hello Callen
frequency dial is a Quadrature Encoder. For example DigiKey catalogue is full of them (several thousand types!). Bellow one suitable example.

PEC11R-4220K-S0024-ND
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/6164059

73 Juha oh2nlt
OH2NLT

Return to Juma Discussion