TRX2 and SignaLink USB anyone done?

General discussion

TRX2 and SignaLink USB anyone done?

Postby HB9FIH » 01 Jun 2015 15:43

Hi,
has anyone done the interface between Signalink USB (tigertronics) and the TRX2 ?

Gruss Erich
HB9FIH
HS0ZLS
vy 73 de
HB9FIH
HS0ZLS
HB9FIH

Re: TRX2 and SignaLink USB anyone done?

Postby 5B4AIY » 02 Jun 2015 05:40

Hi, Erich,
Whilst I have not interfaced my TRX-2 with the Tigertronics SignaLink USB, the Juma TRX-2 interface is essentially the same as my Elecraft KX3, and thus there should not be a problem. You will need the SLUSBKX3 interface cable. This has a 3.5mm plug for the microphone/PTT connections, and another 3.5mm plug for the TRX-2 headphone socket.

In the case of the Elecraft KX3 there is no line input, and thus the SignaLink output has to be set to use microphone levels. You should be able to use this with TRX-2 as well, but I would recommend setting the TRX-2 to the LINE input setting and altering the settings in the SignaLink.

The only possible slight problem might be the bias voltage on the TRX-2 microphone connector when using the MIC input. The Elecraft KX3 has a configuration setting in its menu that allows the bias voltage to be turned off in this transceiver. When using the LINE setting in the TRX-2 the bias voltage is disabled. (See MIC/LINE logic signal on Main Board TX Schematic)

I hope these notes are useful.
73, Adrian, 5B4AIY
5B4AIY

Re: TRX2 and SignaLink USB anyone done?

Postby HB9FIH » 09 Jun 2015 18:58

Tnx Adrian
I just arrived few days ago my ship in North Germany where the JUMA is. Soon I'll do this.
Tnx for the Tip.
73 Erich
vy 73 de
HB9FIH
HS0ZLS
HB9FIH

Return to Juma Discussion