Whats going on with JUMA

General discussion

Whats going on with JUMA

Postby KD1NA » 25 Mar 2013 13:17

Everyone
Getting very concerned about JUMA. There have been several e-mails published about either someone hacking into the JUMA’s website or that JUMA is going out of business. If you check their website now many of their kits are out of stock including the PA-100D. I have demonstrated both the TRX2A and PA100D linear to many hams who seem to be interested. I remember part of an e-mail to me from Arno Martin stating that is was no longer profitable to distribute these kits. In a way this seems sad as comparing the TRX2A to many HF cw/ssb qrp kits, Juma is way ahead of everyone in performance and reliability. It also seems that other then Softrock all the kits are still through the board components. I really enjoyed the challenge in the construction and operation of these kits. If there were more advertising, combining all the files for the various components of these kits into one manual, and better labeling of the kit’s components these kits would have been quite popular here in the Americas. Even if JUMA fades away I will have years of fun with my JUMA kits.

Dave KD1NA
KD1NA

Re: Whats going on with JUMA

Postby KH2BR » 26 Mar 2013 01:21

I got the same reply from Arno. We should help them find sources of cheaper parts or better volume discounts.
It would also help that all of those owning Juma gear post on there favorite users group there activities with the juma gear.
I need to post my pictures on QRZ.com, I am sure that will also help. On EHam.com, every one can rate the juma web site
And that will put it on the front page. You can only do that once, so that's why very one should rate the site and also the
Gear. They just need a little help unless they want to give up the kitting since its a lot of work and not there
Primary business.,, So, what is the future outlook for this fantastic line of ham radio equipment have in store for us?
Robert KH2BR
KH2BR

Postby KH2BR » 28 Mar 2013 04:51

I just got the following email from Juha about the Juma shop.

--- snip ---
Hello Bob
Our current kit supplier Connect Oy / Arno Martin have decided to give up JUMA kit logistics operations. Currently we are seeking new kit logistics provider for us. As soon we have the contract we will announce new supplier. Matti OH7SV and me OH2NLT both have day job. JUMA kit design work consumes all of our free time therefore we need third party to handle the physical kit logistics and delivery operation. We thank you for your support and hope that you understand our current situation.
73 JUMA designers Juha and Matti
--- snip ---
KH2BR

Postby KF7DRU » 30 Mar 2013 23:45

HI, everyone. Since it may be awhile before new JUMA kits will be available, here is a possibility.

I have a fully assembled JUMA TRX2. I have moved onto other projects and would be willing to sell it. It has a problem with poor selectively. I don't have the equipment to troubleshoot the problem. I expect is is not anything very serious since all other aspects of the receiver/transmitter seem to work fine. If you are willing to do some troubleshooting, I will sell the TRX2 for a very reasonable price.

Drop me a email at KF7DRU@icloud.com and lets talk about it.

Dave
KF7DRU

Return to Juma Discussion