RX1 rec. error msg

General discussion

RX1 rec. error msg

Postby K4ENC » 20 Jan 2013 18:51

Before i do any damage i thought id ask...powered up and no smoke....it will not tune and i get a error msg 2323 r """" if i press encoder buttion on start up i get juma rx1 and cw then it goes to 2323, just turning it on i get cw msg but must press the encoder buttion to get the screen and it shows 2323

Any help would be appricated
K4ENC

Re: RX1 rec. error msg

Postby KH2BR » 26 Jan 2013 06:30

you will have to recheck all of your work very carefully. Magnifing glass in hand, I use a jewelers loop. look for solder bridges, objects that should not be there, leads that have been missed durring soldering, correct components in the correct places. Many times I have found that soldering flux will cause malfunctions, so I clean the board with alcohol and a tooth brush. That will get problem areas that can be missed with a visual inspection. Then I use 409 and tooth brush to remove any sticky flux residue followed by a rinse and then a trip to the XYL's hair dryer. I would put a drop of rtv on any adjustments so water will not get inside of pots. There is one very difficult problem area and that is when you have a solder bridge. Did you remove all of the solder? are you sure? some times the solder will still be bridged underneath the chips where you cannot see it.
Robert KH2BR
KH2BR

Return to Juma Discussion