PA100D "total disaster"

General discussion

PA100D "total disaster"

Postby SM3UQO » 24 Apr 2012 09:46

My PA100D built by me is not working at all.
Display showing bits and numbers not in the manual, second row is not working att all. Att power up dislay shows bits and pices, but not sign-on message.
The beeper start with signal aprox one per sec. There is no action on any other switch but short beep when used.

I have controlled the PIC soldering to the board with microscope, I have controlled all other soldering and material with no luck. I have found no bridges or other solding problems

If you power up with switch (power) by holding the switch for several sec the display starts up with some text readable and the beeper is quite, the second row at display is stil not working any switch put the PA100D back to the first part of the text.

Best regards
SM3UQO
Björn
SM3UQO

Re: PA100D "total disaster"

Postby OH7SV » 24 Apr 2012 17:42

Björn,

Sorry to hear that. But don't worry, every PA100 will function properly when everything is built in a correct way.

If you feel that you can not find the problem by your self, pse contact Juma Community hams. They will help you.
See this link www.jumaradio.com/juma/juma-community.html

73 Matti OH7SV
OH7SV

Re: PA100D "total disaster"

Postby SM3UQO » 25 Apr 2012 11:39

TKS Matti for swift replay

After sleepless night I found A soldering bridge hidden under contact 56-57 on the
PIC, it was wery hard to see.
Now the display is showing log in sign, BUT there is still some problems.
I do need one thing.
Where do I find the operating manual for ver. 1.04??

Best regards
SM3UQO
Björn
SM3UQO

Return to Juma Discussion